HızRay Project Design Workshop Held
A Design Workshop for a brand new HızRAY Project by Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Rail System Directorate was organized. A Design Workshop for the 74.5 km-long brand new HızRay Project, which is planned to be built in the near future by Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Rail System Directorate, was held on 8 November 2022 in Istanbul.
400 delegates including the technical staff of the Rail System Directorate, project companies and the technical staff in the preparation of the HızRay Project and board members of Istanbul Branch of the Chamber of Mining Engineers, had participated to the workshop.
The workshop was started with the opening speech of Assoc. Prof. Dr. Pelin Alpkökin who is the head of Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Rail System Directorate. In the workshop, presentations were made on a wide range of topics from the project finance to the selection of the route, from the tunnel section to the number of TBMs to be operated, from the determining of the construction sites to entegrating into the current metro lines, from R&D studies to BIM applications.
The HızRay Project in brief;
- HızRay Project is a 74.5 km-long rail system transportation project from one end of Istanbul to the other.
- A total of 27 TBMs are planned to be used in the project. 26 EPB type TBMs for European and Asian side of Istanbul for underground tunnel excavations and 1 slurry type TBM for the Bosphorus passage, will be planned to be used.
- The project's tunnels are planned to designed as double tubes and a single tube for the Bosphorus passage.
- Length of he Bosphorus passage was declared as 1580 meters.
- The project is planned to be excavated approximately 7.67 million m3 from double tube TBM tunnel with a diameter of 5.7 m at 65.2 km and a single tube with 9.8 m diameter at 3.39 km.
- It is aimed that the project designs will be completed at the beginning of 2023, the tender will be made within the same year, and the construction will start in 2024.
The detailed technical information of the HızRay Project will be shared in the UYAK2023 - 5th Underground Excavations Symposium and Exhibition, which will be held on March 9-10-11, 2023 in Istanbul by Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Rail System Directorate. and TMMOB Chamber of Mining Engineers Istanbul Branch.